Asus Zenbook UX305 – Best travel laptop
This is not going to be a typical computer review. My knowledge about computers in general is aspires to 0, however, after almost 3 year with this incredible product, I’m going to give you every piece of knowledge you need for choosing your next travel laptop.
3 years ago I was still deep in my military service, as in Israel the army is mandatory. The every day life in the military can be very tough and inconvenient. We used to spend 80% of our time in the field, navigating, training, and doing whatever. Back in the time I needed a computer in order to do some remote work that I found (Which was essential when my salary was less than 500$).
With a small budget and a big need for a portable and durable laptop that can survive the field, I started to look for the best product I could find. All my searching has led me to one destination:
I’m using the Asus Zenbook UX305 for almost 3 years. From the tough Israeli military, through a regular home-use, and now, when I’m traveling and living on the roads. For 3 years this computer has never let me down even one time. When I compare it to my lazy desktop computer that used to have a new problem every month, It just makes me laugh.
What Do I like about the Asus Zenbook UX305?
I can sum it up with 3 main advantages:
1. Very small, lightweight, and convenient.
With only 2.65 pounds, This computer is super light. When I carry it within my backpack I always scared that I’v forgot it somewhere because I can’t feel it weight.
The “thickness” of the laptop is 12mm, which is literary nothing.
The screen size is 13.3 inches. It’s not the smallest, but in my opinion, that’s the perfect size for backpackers laptop. When the screen is too small, the user experience starts to decline.
2. Extreamly long battery life.
As a traveler I experience it full power. Somtimes I take trains or flights and I need the battery to last as long as possible. On standart office actions, the battery can last for 10 hours. After 3 years of use, I can testify that the capicity almost didn’t changed. For other operations, like watching movies or playing games, the battery may last for a bit shorter time.
3. The most durable electronic device that i’v ever had.
As I said, the battery capicity has not changed too much. The Zenbook UX305 never had any bug so far, and the laptop has remained almost as new.
Well this was the main advantages that I have found. But it’s not all. I can think about few more cool features that this computer has, and makes it so outstanding:
1. Intel Core M – A relatively new Core by Intel company, that helps minimize the size of the computer, the capicity of the battery, and to improve the speed of the laptop. As I said, I don’t really know much about computers in general, so I don’t want to talk about it too much, but it seems like it’s really doing it’s job!
2. Screen – Unlike most laptops screens, the Asus Zenbook UX305 uses a LCD blacklight technology. That means even in a very bad lighting conditions (for an exmaple, When you work under the sun), the screen wouldn’t reflect the sun light. The screen is also consuming less energy than a regular screen.
3. I’m not going to detail the memory and space sepicfication of the laptop, first because you can find it here, and second because it’s means nothing to me. What I can say about it, is that I store on my computer few movies, hundreds of songs, thousands of photos, few music and video editing programs, thousands of files and documents, and the laptop still runs fast like new.
Like everything good on this planet, the Asus Zenbook ux305 has also disadvantages:
1. The keyboard doesn’t have lightning. At night it can be difficult to type if you don’t have an external lightning.
2. The LCD blacklight technology is great for bad lightning, however, sometimes I find the screen too dark in a standart lightning.
3. Considering that CD are not so common like few years ago, not sure if the lack of CD drive is an actual disadvantage. You judge.
4. The speaker could have been a bit louder.
In conclusionGet it now on Amazon
Whether you are backpackers, travelers, students, as long as you are looking for an affordable, duarble and portable travel laptop, the Asus Zenbook UX305 best choise for you. For a relatively small price you will get an excallent laptop that will stay with you for a very long time.